While at the dojo...

Unlike Nanner, I don't have any femal sensei eye candy at karate. So since I happen to have my wireless tablet (thank you work for giving me such nice toys) I can type while keeping an eye on Grasshopper as he works his way towards martial arts dominance. I had a couple of miscellaneous things to throw out there so I figured I'd put them in one post.

1. I've finished preparing my taxes. I used Tax Cut and did it myself, so it cost me $20 to do both federal and state returns. I quite generously allowed Bush and Co an interest free loan on a decent chunk of my cash so it is time for them to repay my loan. Since I was so overly generous with Uncle Sam, we will be able to go on the vacation to the Henry Ford Museum the Wife desires. I will probably change my deductions, however so as not to loan such a great sum to our friends in Washington this year.

2. Maverick is already learning how to try and scam us. He came home yesterday with a letter from the bus garage. It appears he and another boy got into a little arguement on the bus last Friday and Maverick hit the other boy on the head with his lunch bag. The boy's mother was a little upset and the school principal had a chat with both of them. When the Wife asked for his side of the story, he promptly said, "What does the paper say? I want to say the same thing." He's already learning to get his story straight and cover his tracks! Nice try kid. His punishment is yet to be decided.

3. I'm a little dissapointed in the slow sales of Voice of the Spirit (link to the right, on sale now, goes to support charity, don't make me beg). Not that I expected to run out of CDs in a week or anything, but I had many people tell me they would definately buy a copy while I was recording and that they were so excited, yet not one of these people has approached me for a copy. I also emailed the pastor of our church to put a note in our weekly bulliten but have yet to hear back. As I said, I'm not making a huge deal out of it, but it is a bit disappointing. I'm going to have to hit up our pastor next time I see him.

That's pretty much it for now. Grasshopper is working with one of the other kids so I have to make sure he doesn't kick the poor boy's ass or something. One of these days I'll have to get his hands and feet registered as lethal weapons.

Comments

Popular Posts