Spoiling my fun

Ellen had been looking a getting a digital SLR camera (the high end ones). One of the local photo shops had some great deals on Nikon's and Cannon's. She's been talking about it for a while and her birthday is in January, so I thought this might be a good gift. The sales run until the 1st week in January so I could get her one on Christmas break when she's at work and I'm home with the kids.

So today she wanted to go to the camera shop to check out the two brands and see the difference. I thought it was a pretty good idea cause then I'd know what to get. So she spends some time and asks a whole bunch of questions and says she likes the Nikon. THEN, she turns to me and says "What do you think?" meaning "Should we buy it".

So, I had to give her the sad face and tell her I was GOING to get it for her for a birthday gift, but she can get it now. She was very happy to get the camera (she's been watching the DVD's that came with it most of the evening between making Christmas cookies). I missed out on a little fun in seeing her face on her birthday. But that's ok. My lady is happy so I'm happy. Now we need to figure out how to use all these cool features.

Comments

Jude said…
Cool! I've always wanted to get a Canon Rebel one day. You're such a good hubby Vince, even though you couldn't surprise her with this as a gift you're still satisfied to see her happy. :-)

You da MAN.
sydwynd said…
Jude: She's been trying out different things with the camera since she got it. She's having a lot of fun.

Popular Posts