I Wanna Rock

Last night was weekly band practice. I didn't realize it, but I really needed a night like last night. The band was just so tight and ON with every song we did. Very satisfying musically. Also, it was just plain fun. The guys (and gals) in the band are like part of my extended family. We joke around and poke at each other, small digs here and there just to get a rise out of each other. The teenagers like to throw around the sexual innuendo. I go easy on them cause with an addition 20 some years experience that I have over them I could crush their little spirits like bugs under my feet. But it's all in fun.

The Wife went to see the doc yesterday and was told she has allergies, not a sinus infection. She's not convinced yet as she still feels miserable. However, she got a prescription for Alavert (I think that's what that stuff is) and some over the counter stuff. It may take a couple of days for her to feel better. I can sympathize as I've been dealing with allergies for years now. We had rain last night so hopefully they won't bother her much today.

On the pet front, we find out today at 2 pm if we'll be adopting a dog. The Wife is number 4 in line to adopt a really sweet beagle. According to her, the dog is perfect. The deal is that she needs to show up at 2 pm at the animal shelter. If persons 1 to 3 do not show or decline to adopt, then she can adopt the dog. We found another very good beagle mix that could have been a "backup dog" at the shelter, but it was a stray and the owner claimed it. Good for the dog, as it looked miserable in that shelter and really wanted to go home, bad for us. So we'll see. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts