On Vaction

Just wanted to put up one more post before the weekend getaway. A few quick orders of business.


First, I have a new link on my side bar, it's for Lex, who I found through Jude. Lex rocks, and is English besides (though not currently residing there), so she's a right fine lady in my book. So go check out her blog. Obey!

Next, please go visit Aimee. She's totally overworked and underappreciated, so she's taking a well deserved break from blogging for a little while. Go show her some love and support people! Again, Obey!

Lastly, I must thank Julz for the mound of Def Leppard CDs she sent me. I've just begun to go through them, starting with Yeah. Don't know if it's going to make me as big a fan as she, but hearing lots of different styles of music is giving me lots of ideas for new arrangement of songs. I must ask, though, to all you Lep fans out there: Who is singing Stay with Me? Cause man that voice is ROUGH! It's really straining to get some of those notes. It doesn't sound like Joe Elliot, so I can only assume it's either Viv or Phil. Anyone? And Julz, I'm not sure who does the next tune you put on there, but the vocal track has my worst pet peeve as a musician and music lover. You can hear EVERY TIME THE VOCALIST BREATHS IN BEFORE SINGING A LINE! That is SOOOOO annoying. I'm sorry, but I can't beleive producers let guys get away with that. You don't see Freddie Mercury doing that. Hell, you don't even see Joe Elliot doing that. Listen close. Once you notice it, it's all you can hear.

Lastly, on the musical subject, I've got two songs nearly complete! Or, at least I should say, the lyrics complete. I blame, I mean credit, Lois for the new method I'm using to approach song writing. The last two songs I've written (3 if you count the Possum Lady song) were actually from lyrics provide by Lois. I normally start with the music and then write lyrics, but lately I can't really come up with any riffs I like. So I've done just the opposite. Just write words, and later figure out the music based on the rythem of the lines. So far I have one song complete with lyrics and some of the chord changes. I have another song almost written, with no chords at all.

Anyway, tomorrow will be spent packing for the trip and doing all the last minute things. Weather is supposed to be 90 Saturday and Sunday with no rain, so it will be just the opposite of last year, which was 70 and rain. Hope everyone has a good weekend! I'll be posting stories and pictures next week!

Comments

Popular Posts