Much Better Now

Many thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement during my "blue" period. I am completely (for now at least) cured. I must say that an interaction with a co-worker helped immensely. She did not do anything in particular, but we joked with each other as I helped her with her issue (she is my cube-mate on the other side of the wall) and ran back and forth between our cubes. I believe some light hearted inter-personal contact began to break the mood. The amusing cat pictures helped as well.

I've had today off since the boys finished school Wednesday. The Wife had off yesterday and I took today. Camp starts Monday. They've been very well behaved the last two days! Today we did a bunch of fun things, primarily going to the Soccer Shack, a local store dedicated to, you guessed it, soccer! I got the Wife a very cool England shirt last night at Dicks, so today I got her a matching scarf and myself an Italy jersey and Official Italy world cup soccer ball! We are in soccer heaven. Both England plays Sunday and Italy Monday. Italy plays at 11 am so I believe I'll be taking an early lunch at the sports bar across the street that day. I'll get a picture of the Wife as an English soccer hooligan and post tomorrow night.

Today was a day filled with fruit as well. I had lunch with the boys at my parent's place. The have two cherry trees, one which is ready to pick. So I picked me about 6 pounds! I absolutely LOOOOOVE cherries. We also went strawberry picking! The Wife has already made a batch of freezer jam. It's simply YUUUUUUMMMMYYYYY! We're also going on an overnight camping trip with Maverick's cub scout den tomorrow (Saturday). The weather is going to be in the mid 70s and dry. Perfect camping weather!

On a slight downer, I got an email from one of the members of the church band that is on the parish staff. Things are not looking good on that front right now. We need to meet to discuss what we're going to do. I feel the Spirit leading me towards something, and I've had some growing dissatisfaction with what we've been doing, so I'm praying on it and just trusting the Lord.

To end on an up note, though, I got an email out of the blue today from a guy I played in a band with back in college. I haven't heard from him in like 15 years and I get an email today basically saying "Remember me?". It took me a minute. I opened the email because he mentioned some the name of a good friend of mine, so I knew it wasn't spam. After I thought a moment, I went "Holy shit!". I haven't had a chance to email back, but it's cool when a blast from the past reaches out.

So hope all of you have a good weekend! Mine will be filled with camping and the World Cup! Forza Azzura!

Comments

Popular Posts