Hang in there

I had an interesting conversation this weekend. Not to be too secretive but I can't divulge the details yet as everything is in the planning stage. However, it is the results of the conversation that I wish to write about. I now have the opportunity to do something that I've been mulling over for a while. To give a little background without being specific, I've noticed that some things I had been doing personally were not working for me. It came to me in a flash that perhaps the Lord was telling me something, that since every time I tried to work on this project I was trying to complete, something got in the way and it fell apart. So I finally let it go and started working on something that I planned to do "after I complete this project". The new project is going smoothly. And suddenly, out of the blue, I get a call with a request to do something that's been in the back of my mind for about a year. I didn't think about it much since I didn't know where I would start but it was one of those "wouldn't it be nice" kind of things.

The moral of this story is that if you let your personal ambitions go and instead turn your talent over to the Lord, you will be rewarded with what you really desire. It seems every time I try to do something on my own, it's either difficult or just doesn't work. When I let go and trust in God, the opportunities come to me. It was the same with my current position at work. I had been looking for a new job as I could see things were going to take a turn for the worse at my old job. I wasn't looking very hard but instead put my faith in God that He would provide for me. I get a totally unexpected call from a recruiter from whom I hadn't heard in years asking me if I was interested in interviewing for a Help Desk Supervisor position. The rest, as they say, was history. I got the interviews, the job, and now am in a better position professionally and personally. Literally, the day of my final interview my old boss announced that one for the help desk supervisors at my former employer would be laid off by the end of the summer. The next day I got the job offer. Call it coincidence if you like, but this sort of thing has happened to me too many times in my life for me not to believe that God is looking after me.

Anyway, if anyone reading this is having a tough time, then just put your faith in God, and it will all work out. It might not be at the time you expect or in the way you expect, but it will.

Comments

Popular Posts