Revelation

I've begun reading Revelation again. I find it one of the most interesting books in the bible. It certainly takes some work to understand. You certainly can't take it literally (though I'm sure there are plenty that do). Numbers especially are symbolic. Anyway, I know many think this is a gloom and doom book, but the more I read it, the more hopeful it gets to me. I was reading a passage last night that really struck me:

Rev 7:15-17

For this reason they stand before God's throne and worship him day and night in his temple. The one who sits on the throne will shelter them. They will not hunger or thirst anymore, nor will the sun or any heat stike them. For the Lamb who is in the center of the thone will shepard them and lead them to springs of life-giving water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

Isn't that the message we're looking for? Keep the faith. Throughout all trials and tribulations you may encounter, your faith will be rewarded and eternal happines and peace await.

Comments

Popular Posts