CD Project Update

I went into the studio this weekend to lay down the basic guitar tracks for the final songs of the CD. It is now 12 songs. This group seems like the best yet. I went in with only the rythem guitar parts and lyrics written. With no idea what else to do, I let it flow. I was amazed at how they turned out. The Spirit must have been flowing in these songs. One called Hearts of Stone came out so good I can't get it out of my head. Another titled Calvary Hill has a rythem to it I never thought to use prior to playing it. As I've posted previously, I was having trouble writing music until I started writing it for the Lord. Now it's almost too easy. I got almost everything done in one take. I had a little trouble with a classical guitar piece but I'm satisfied with it. I'm hoping to have everything complete by the beginning of summer. Bass tracks are next and then I try to put down drum tracks. Wish me luck on that one as an awesome drummer I am not. For those interested, the song list (in no particular order) is as follows:

Follow Me
For the Love of Miss E
Calvary Hill
Hearts of Stone
Blessings
Give it Back to You
Matthew 7:25
Power of Darkness
Voice of the Spirit
I'm Coming Home
Lament
Shout for Joy

Comments

Popular Posts