What I did this summer
Summer really started for me the first week of July since I was finishing up a course in June. So in the roughly 8 weeks of summer, I managed to do the following:
- Go on MANY bike rides, solo, with family, and with friends.
- Participate in 2 mountain bike races
- Spend a week at scout camp with the boys (and ride some more)
- Visit Erie Canal Village with the family (but not ride)
- Read 8 non-school related books
- Ride 5 new trails with my wife we hadn't done before
- Played a GREAT outdoor gig with the band
I'm sure there's some stuff I missed, but that's not too shabby for 8 weeks, considering I still did all of the "normal" day to day stuff we have from kid's activities to housework. Now that we're transitioning into "school" mode, I expect things to get crazy again. Christopher is already at marching band camp this week. Scouts and all the other fall activites begin ramping up next week. Before you know it there will be no time for anything.
Hope everyone had a great summer as well and enjoy your Labor Day (or the equivalent for my friends in the Great White North).