The Beat Goes on

Last night was the band's second practice since our singer "officially" moved on. The first one was last week. I don't know how it was for the rest of the band, but that first practice without her sucked. I was not feeling it at all, played like shit, and couldn't care less what we were doing. Perhaps the loss sank in. Perhaps I was just having a bad day. Either way I don't think practice went well.

Last night was a lot better. I was feeling it again with the band. It's different, are arrangements are changing, but it's ok. Our bass player actually sang some parts in a song and she sounded really good! It's amazing the difference having 4 voices makes. And I heard the stirrings of some really good vocals. Like if we work on it, there could be songs where the hairs stand up on end when we play them.

As in everything in life, change is constant. Sometimes you need to accept and move on. But I still miss having her there.

Comments

Popular Posts