I was nearly impressed

I have a HUGE rant coming concerning the current "financial crisis" that's all over the news. But before I go all ballistic, I thought I would post this little gem. Bare with me as it only makes sense if I tell the story in the order I got the information.

Yesterday I got a call at work from the Wife. She asked me if I had noticed anything wrong with Grasshopper that morning. I told her he seemed like his usual self, giving me his usual amount of grief about getting ready in the morning, but that by the time I dropped him off at the Y, he seemed in a good mood, gave me a big hug before I left, etc. I wondered why she was asking.

It seems she'd recieved a call from the school nurse to see if Grasshopper was all right. She had a message on her voice mail to the effect that Grasshopper was calling in sick for the next 500 or so years. Now, we both got a huge kick out of that. I was just laughing my ass off. I was actually quite proud of the boy for that level of ingenuity. I planned on having a chat with him when I got home, but I wasn't going to give him too much grief.

When I got home, I got the real story. It turns out that Grasshopper never made the call. Someone had called the school at like 7:30 the previous evening and made a prank call using Grasshopper's name. I must admit, I was a little disappointed. Relieved that my boy has better sense than to make a call like that, but it would have been a creative thing to do.

Still, it was a good laugh and made my day brighter either way. And it makes for good blogging material.

Comments

Popular Posts