Disappointing Week?

So, here's the updates on the big stuff going on:

Job promotion: I believe I mentioned I got a phone interview for the position. Well, this week, I got the nice email from our manager of IT admin thanking me for my interest but stating I didn't have all the experience/qualifications they were looking for.

Band playing the festival: Also received a nice email thanking us for submitting but that all the final selections were made and try again next year but please do everything we can to help promote the event.

On an unrelated note, I had some blood work done recently and went over the results with my doc this week. Turns out my sugar level is bordering on diabetes, which runs in the family. I have to call a dietician to discuss how to eat right to prevent full on diabetes.

You'd think with all of that I'd be having a bad week. However, it's actually been a pretty good week. Or, at least, no better or worse than any other week. It had its ups and downs, but I'm feeling pretty good. Truthfully, I wasn't sure I wanted the job I'd applied for, I'm just looking to break out of my current role. The festival would have been cool, but it's no big deal either way. I'm mostly conerned about my health, so taking care of myself is becoming the focus. I'll keep my peeps apprised of how things go.

Comments

Popular Posts