Happy Birthday Maverick!

Yesterday was Maverick's 11th birthday. We had family over for a small party. This has been the perfect weekend. Sunny and high 70s yesterday and today. Usually Maverick's birthday is cold and rainy. He, Grasshopper, and my nephews spent most of the time outside playing. He got lots of cool gifts, including a gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods. He's been dying to get a new hyprid golf club.

So today, we went to Dick's, got the club, and went to the driving range. Maverick was showing the Wife how to hit, so we all went to know some balls. The Wife was pretty good. She could actually hit the ball, and some of them were pretty good. I've been reading some tips on how to hit straighter and was dying to try them out. It worked pretty good as I wasn't hooking as much as I used to. Maverick also gave me a tip on how to hit with the irons. Last year I couldn't hit with them to save my life. I tried out Maverick's suggestion, and I was hitting decent distance and actually have the ball go up in the air like it was supposed to. From now on, he's my golf pro.

This weekend was near perfect. Given how last weekend went, it was nice to just enjoy the weather and so some family stuff. Despite two minor issues from work I got called about, I pretty much forgot about all that other stuff and just enjoyed the weekend for a change. Tomorrow will also be like today then it goes to the mid 50s. After all the cold we've had, I cannot complain about the weather.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend as well.

Comments

Popular Posts