What's new?

I recall at some point in the past saying I'd post more. Ah, the best of intentions. In any event, just thought I give some updates on stuff. School is wrapping up for the semester. I've got all of my major papers written and all that is left is some editing and group discussions. Glad to get that stuff out of the way. Many thanks to Jammie for proof reading one of my papers. I emailed her on Sunday afternoon (my time) and had it before I went to bed. Have I mentioned how much she rocks? You're the best!

I'm getting biking fever. Mountain bike races are coming up in June and there's some great events this year I'm thinking of attending, including a great mountain biking/camping thing in September the whole family can attend. I also worked with some Scouts last night on their Cycling merit badge and that made me want to ride all the more. Too bad it's wet and cold right now. Oh well, going to start interval training today to get ready for racing.

We're going to Baltimore this year during April break for vacation. I'm excited since we've never been. Also, one of my Navy buddies teaches at the Academy in Annapolis so I'm looking forward to seeing him. It's been at least 10 years since I've seen the guy. That looks to be a good time.

April is a crazy month for us since there's like a million birthdays in our family this month (including mine, Christopher's, Ellen's SIL and niece). Plus, the school year is beginning to wind down a little so there's planning for the summer as well as all kinds of school activities going on right now. Needless to say it's a little hectic in Casa de Franco. If I'm lucky I can keep Ellen from going insane but I'm not holding out hope. But perhaps a little "vacation" for her in a quiet room would do wonders for her. Or perhaps she'll just whack me with a frying pan and feel better. No real news on the work front.

Things are the same so I've stopped worrying about it. No point in getting spun up about what might be. If and when something changes, then I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I'll just keep on taking care of my people and my customers.

Comments

Jude said…
Good to hear you're almost done with school, you've rocked the schedule!

I'm not surprised your itchin' to get out lots with your bike after a long winter. Soon you'll be able to enjoy it on a regular basis again, and it will be good for your body AND your soul. :-)

Oh, and just keep Ellen away from cast iron pans and sharp knives.... you should be okay. ;-)

Have a great week Rocker Guy!
sydwynd said…
Jude: Looking foward to getting out in the fresh air and seeing the scenery. Riding with a group is great as well. I'll try and keep the dangerous kitchen utensils way from the lady but no guarentees.
Jammie J. said…
Aww, you're welcome. Why put off 'til tomorrow what I can do today, is my motto. It usually serves me well, plus I enjoy your writing. :)

*I* am excited for you for your vacation. :) I just know you're going to have a blast.

I'm keeping you and your job in my prayers. Sometimes God puts us in a holding pattern with work. It sounds like that's kind of what's going on with you.
sydwynd said…
Jammie: Definately looking forward to the time off. And very much appreciate the prayers. It does feel like I'm on autopilot right now and that one of these days the next thing will come along. We shall see.

Popular Posts