I Wanna Rock...Obscurely

OK, comments on The Dead Milkmen have me scouring YouTube for lots of other great songs you may never have heard of. So without further ado....Here we go!

First there's Blotto. Actually hailing from Albany, NY, they had one hit of sorts anyone might know, I Wanna Be a Lifeguard. They were very clever in that everyone's last name was Blotto. Original, eh? Here's the video:



The next band you probably never heard of is Infectious Grooves. They're a side project of some of the guys from Suicidal Tendencies. Suicidal hit it big with Institutionalized. Go find the lyrics, you like them. But Infectious' best tune is You Lie...And Yo Breath Stank. You'll have to go to the link since embedding was disabled for some reason. But still, go check it out.

And finally, just to show you I can laugh at myself and not take my favorite band too seriously, while introducing the kids to Weird Al Yankovic videos, I came across this: Bohemian Polka. I LOVED IT!

Comments

Popular Posts