Back in the USSR

Well, I'm finally done travelling for a little while. What a stretch. I've driven almost 2000 miles in two weeks. Boy was it tiring. Luckily, that was an unusual patch so I shouldn't have to do that again any time soon. The Wife did fairly well with me gone so much, though we're backed up on the housework. Still, we've made some progress this weekend.

This weekend has also been a fairl spiritual one for me. The band played a Mass last night and did a service tonight for a teen that was killed over the summer. Between all the "alone" time I had on the road this week and being in Church this weekend, I've realized what a blessing the people around me are. Certainly the Wife here at home, holding down the fort while my schedule has been insane and being supportive. My bandmates for recharging me when I was down, and all of you that I've met, either in person or through your blogs, in the internet universe. I've thanked God for all of you and been praying for you all. Just wanted to throw up a quick note of thanks for all of you just being there and touching me in some way.

Now hopefully things can get back to "normal". I haven't had a lot to say in the blog world lately, but I'm feeling getting back out here again. Just a quick note, at Mass yesterday, we did a song as a prelude called "How Great Is Our God". It's one of our standards that I happen to sing. It's very powerful for the band to play. Afterwards, we got spontaneous applause. No other song we did evoked that response. I was so happy we touched them with something that we did. Playing music for the Lord totally rules.

Comments

Popular Posts