Talk about crazy, I've been so busy at work, I haven't been able to keep up with many of my internet pals.  And I spend so much time in front of my PC, I don't want to crack it open when I get home (well, except to bring up my Nook app and read an ebook).  We implemented a new policy that disabled shared access to the company website.  And though we communicated this change, it appears we didn't communicate it well enough.  So my team is getting hammered with calls and requests for access.  To give you an idea, we normally get 60 to 100 requests a week to process.  We've processed close to 1000 in just 8 days.  So my brain has been whipped by the time I get home.

Work has been interesting.  There may be some changes coming for me in the near future, but nothing certain right now.  It's one of those things I don't talk about much in public forums since you never know who's reading.  And some things should remain private until they play themselves out.  In any event, I'm busy which is good.

We're picking up Christopher from scout camp tomorrow.  I'm sure he'll be happy to be home after a few weeks away.  He's in for a big surprise.  Ellen literally ripped apart his room and organized EVERYTHING.  Old stuff was either put away or trashed.  Drawers cleaned out.  Bed moved (that was scary, seeing what was hiding UNDER the bed).  The place is immaculate right now.  We need to work with him on organiztion (turns out executive functions like that are very difficult for people with ADHD and that explains a lot).  She figured best to start out in the right, low distraction environment.  She did a lot of work but got it done before he came home!

We've also got a wedding to attend this weekend.  My cousin is getting married.  She's been focusing on her career and education (literally since high school) and is finally done with it all.  She graduated college in 3 years as a teacher, got her masters and just last month her PhD in education.  She's the first Doctor in the family!  But all that work took a bit of a toll on her social life.  Now she's found a great guy and can concentrate on building a family of her own!  The boys get to go to their first wedding reception so they're super excited.  And they'll get to sit with their cousins (my sister's kids) so they'll have a grand old time away from the adults.

Lots more little things going on at home right now but we try to take them one day at a time.  We'd be doing more outdoor type stuff if it wasn't 90 degrees every damn day, but we'll manage.  On the plus side, I haven't mowed the lawn in 3 weeks.  But riding in that kind of heat is brutal.  Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend.  I'm going to.


Jammie J. said…
Oh hell, communication? You know people don't read and don't hear things you tell them until they can't get it anymore. Then it's all, "Oh, I vaguely remember something about that, but didn't know it'd affect ME!" People are idiots. heh

Hooray for organization, and way to go Ellen. THAT sounds like a shit-ton of work!

You know my solution to fitting your bike riding in and avoiding the heat, right? Get up EARLY! heh Like my 5am swims? :D
Jude said…
Hahaha I was going to suggest the same, getting up with the roosters for your bike rides!

Good for Ellen, I hope he enjoys his "new" room! :-)

Have a great weekend Vince, and I hope your heatwave ends soon!
sydwynd said…
Jammie: 5 am is a tough time for me. Body doesn't work good that early. If I could do 7 am rides, that would be great but I'm at work weekday's by 7. Ellen was very proud of the work she did. Now we just need to keep it that way.

Jude: Weekend was great! Just tiring. Don't think early morning rides will happen too often. Too bad I couldn't get noon rides in, those usually go well.
Kate said…
A little link for you...because I love you! http://www.recommendeddailydose.com/?p=8642
sydwynd said…
Kate: Thanks. I think.

Popular Posts