Has it been 13 years?

Today our older boy, Maverick, is "officially" a teenager. Yes, thirteen years ago today the Wife and I were in a hospital room staring at a little wiggling, slightly jaundiced, rather loud newborn with no idea what the future had in store for us or where this little thing was going to take us.

All these years later, I must say it was nothing like I expected. Who'd have thought I'd have a talented musician, boy scout, skater boy for a child? Not I. However, but for a few bumps along the road, I think it's so far, so good. We'll keep an eye on the boy to make sure he doesn't think he suddenly runs the place, but I'm cautiously optimistic he might actually turn out to be a pretty decent human being one day.

So Happy Birthday to my favorite older son. Welcome to the wonderful world of teenagerdom. And don't make me kill you on your journey to being 20.

Comments

Popular Posts