Update

Hi all.

Just wanted to check in really quick. Things have been absolutely nuts around here. The last two weeks have been jam packed with craziness, between the cat passing away, me being out of town for 3 days, church and scout stuff going on, its been non stop. To top it all off, I've been working on my courses every spare minute I have. I'm in the middle of writing a 15-18 page paper analysing Boeing versus Airbus in the commercial airline manufacturing industry. I know TONS of stuff I didn't before! Just ask me!

I had a one on one with the big boss last week and mentioned I'd begun my MBA. He asked how I was handling scheduling and I told him I spend 2 to 3 hours Monday to Thursdays after the boys go to bed, about 4 to 6 hours on Sunday, and take Friday's and Saturday's off. He looked at me like I had two heads! Last time I was in an intense learning environment (that being Nuke School), I learned that if you bust your ass Sunday through Thursday, you can take 2 days off and still do really well. Plus, I'm motivated to get my degree, so I put in the effort. I believe I impressed him. Still, that schedule only impacts time with the family on Sundays since I start working on weeknights after the boys go to bed. The Wife is asleep in her chair by 10 pm so we interact before the boys go to sleep anyway.

I'll check in with you guys from time to time when I get a chance. If I haven't been by in a while, don't take it personal. I'm lucky just to have been able to write this post. Take care!

Comments

Popular Posts