Updates

Ok,

I haven't written anything in a while so I thought I'd post an update. The CD project is coming along nicely. Last weekend I went into the studio and recorded all the bass tracks. One neat thing to come of it, on Power of Darkness, I recorded one bass track with a lot of fills but wasn't really happy with. I recorded a second track with a straight bass line (didn't delete the first track) and wasn't happy either. Then it hit me, try both together - Perfect! It never occurred to me before to try double tracking a bass. Anyway, more evidence that the Spirit is behind this project (tenatively titled Voice of the Spirit, BTW). I tackle drums next.

I met with some muscians to start up the new group at church. I was disappointed in the turnout. We put an item in the bulliten but no one brought attention to it during announcements at Mass, which is why few people showed up. I was dissapointed a little in the drummer that showed up. He seemed a little to old for the style of music and said he doesn't listen to rock. Not sure I got a good vibe off of him. I set up auditions for Sunday evening as I want to jam with anyone interested to see if it will work out. I can usually tell very quickly if it's happening or not. I'm also trying to conact my old bandmate from Al's Neighbors. We discussed putting together a Christian group just before the band folded.

We did a bunch of Christmas shopping this weekend. Somehow we spent quite a bit of money but my wife seems to think we didn't get anything for anyone. Makes me wonder just what we bought. We also looked for a new sofa. We're redecorating the family room and the upolstry on the sofa is dead. It would cost over $1000 to reupolster it so we're getting a new one instead. Of course, the little lady would like leather and the only one we could find that we like is $2000. Figures. Anyway, I have to look at our decorating budget and see how much it will hurt.

Pretty much everything's in a normal mode right now. Not too much stress, no major things going on. The schedule this week is even light. I'll enjoy it now since I'm sure it won't last.

Comments

Popular Posts